Punishment for filing false case against someone

What is the punishment for filing a false case against another person? Will I be imprisoned?

If you file a false case against a person knowing that there is no lawful ground for such case against that person you will be punished with imprisonment up to 2 years or fine, or with both. And if such criminal proceeding so instituted on a false charge of an offence is punishable with death, imprisonment for life, or imprisonment for seven years or more, you will be punished with imprisonment up to seven years along with.