Procedure to transfer on going case u/s 498A to another court

We are staying Chennai she put case hyderabad whether we can change the case to chennsi

Answers (2)

194 votes

No. You can't transfer the case to Chennai. Under Sec.498/A the court has jurisdiction where the crime allegedly committed and where FIR was lodged. From your query I understand probably your wife filed a complaint against you for the cruelty alleged to have been committed in Hyderabad. Hence you need to face the trial only there.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

90 votes

Yes certainly. you can approach the supreme court and request a transfer under section 406 CrPC. however you will have to give compelling and satisfying reason for such a transfer. for details you can contact me.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

DIL married to our son in Chandigarh in Mar, 14. She become Canada Citizen on forged documents as her Taya's daughter, who made/misused her Credit…

Read More

my frnd gt criminal case undr sectn 498A,406,506(1)ipc,he flew to abraod without attending the court,he gt 3 summon through court,bt police didnt issu…

Read More

My parents are booked in 498a and dvc case by my wife can i get my parents name completely taken out of from the cases?…

Read More

My daughter wants to postpone date for her statement in 498 case as we have filed petition for divorce by mutual consent as 3 months are still remains…

Read More