Procedure to file defamation suit against central Government employee

What is the procedure to file a defamation suit against a central govt employee as i am also a central govt employee in the same department

Answers (1)

182 votes


I presume that you have a query to be sorted out with regard to filing criminal defamation case against one of the employees of the central government department. First of all, what made you think that you can file a criminal defamation case against him. Has any case been booked against you which has resulted in your acquittal? Please state complete facts of the case so to receive proper advice. If any case instituted against you results in your acquittal, you can file a criminal defamation case against the person by the way of a private complaint in the jurisdictional magistrate court. In addition to this, you can also file a civil defamation suit and claim compensation from the person for the damages due to defamation. Hope this helps.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles