Procedure for filing Domestic Violence case.

I want to know full procedure for filling domestic Voilence case on husband and in less and what will happenwith them after filling and how much time and money it takes approximately and how will I able to fill this from where need to fill means via police or court cause from last 2 months i am at my mother place and for this should I have to engage local lawyer for this.

Answers (1)

412 votes
Dv cases take 5 years to be disposed of. You can file complaint under Dv act against your husband and in laws if you so desire, you need to claim for maintenance, right to stay in shared household or alternative accommodation. Also seek protection order if necessary.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles