Police refused to take action against filed FIR

My friend approached the police station to file an FIR. His phone was picked from his pocket while commuting in a bus. They refused to file his complaint. When he insisted they registered a complaint and gave a copy of the FIR.

Now is it possible to file a PIL in high court on this?

Answers (1)

122 votes
PIL cannot be filed as the grievance of your friend is an individual grievance. He can of course move to the HC for getting the FIR registered.

He may also move to the city criminal court for registration of FIR.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles