Police not taking any action after filing a complaint. What can i do?

Police is not taking any action for a complaint filed for the theft of my wallet and mobile by 6-7 boys. I was traveling to Delhi when this incident happened and I filed a complaint to the Police post which a NCR was filed.

I have even identified the culprits but the Police is not taking any further action and delaying the process. What should I do now?

Answer

You need to send a written complaint to the concerned SHO to take permission from the Magistrate to investigate in the matter.

In cases of Non-cognizable offence, the Police has to take permission from the Magistrate to investigate and as you have stated that no action is being taken implies that they have not yet taken the permission.