Police not taking any action after filing a complaint. What can i do?

Police is not taking any action for a complaint filed for the theft of my wallet and mobile by 6-7 boys. I was traveling to Delhi when this incident happened and I filed a complaint to the Police post which a NCR was filed.

I have even identified the culprits but the Police is not taking any further action and delaying the process. What should I do now?

Answers (1)

365 votes

You need to send a written complaint to the concerned SHO to take permission from the Magistrate to investigate in the matter.

In cases of Non-cognizable offence, the Police has to take permission from the Magistrate to investigate and as you have stated that no action is being taken implies that they have not yet taken the permission.

Kindly contact us for any further details and action.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Gouri Shankar Hemekari
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
23 years Experience
Advocate Ricky Chopra
Sector - 49, Gurgaon
18 years Experience
Advocate Ricky Chopra
Karkardooma Court, Delhi
18 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles