Police asking to pay for taking back my stolen laptop. What to do?

My laptop was stolen. But now it has been recovered and police are not returning the same. I have been asked to furnish a bond valued at 10% of the value of the laptop to get it back.

Why do I need to pay for something which already belongs to me?

Answer

As we understand your situation,

You have been misguided here and you are not required to furnish any type of bond to recover the same.

You can make a written application to the SHO asking for returning the laptop and along with the application you can attach a copy of the original bill.