Phone recovered from bikers but police not releasing my phone. Remedy?

How do I get my mobile phone back that was snatched last week by 2 guys on a bike and later confiscated by police who are not willing to return it now? I pulled the snatchers who fell down from the bike and people gathered and helped me get my phone back. The police came and they confiscated my mobile and are not willing to give it back to me.

They called me at night at the police station at around 11:30 p.m but did not give it back. I had a telephonic interview from Germany next day which got missed and I lost a lifetime opportunity. What should I do now?

Answers (1)

477 votes

You can write a complaint to the S.H.O of the Police Station and to the Cyber Cell detailing about the stolen mobile phone and the dereliction of duty on the part of the Police Officials in not returning the recovered phone. You can also mention the harassment you are being subjected to by the Police. 

If no action is taken by the Authorities, thereafter you can approach the Delhi Police Complaints Authority and register your complaint with them. The Police Complaint Authority has been set up to deal with the complaints of public regarding acts of serious misconduct by the policemen / officers of Delhi Police. 

Kindly contact us for any further details and action.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles