Person filed false case thinking I was abusing her. What can be done?

Is there any way I can safeguard myself against my boss's assistant who thinks I was the one who abused her over the phone? I left my company and had gone to the office to collect my pending salary. On asking for my pay cheque, my boss’s assistant started abusing me. I, in aggression, verbally abused her as well.

Everyone in office knew she was not a girl of good character. Someone else called her and told her she was a characterless girl over the phone a few days back. Thinking it was me she filed a case against me and told the person in charge to arrest me.

What should I do now?

Answer

You can apply for an Anticipatory Bail in case sections invoked against you are non bailable. You have to show grounds for granting you the bail.

However, You cannot be arrested on a mere suspicion that it was you. In case she has registered a complaint against you, there will be an investigation and prima facie some proof against you.

Moreover, you can even sent a written letter to the Police where the complaint has been registered offering your full support and cooperation in the investigations.