quesPending criminal investigation.

Writ petition was filled praying for cancellation of appointment on the ground of the use of forged certificates. During the continuation of writ petition, a criminal case was filled on same reasons and is registered. Whether writ petition can stayed till the disposal of criminal case on same issue.

  • ansThe writ petition and the criminal case have no nexus with each other. In writ petition the court is concerned with the validity of appointment, whereas the criminal prosecution is initiated to set in motion the criminal law against the accused. The criminal case has no bearing on the writ proceedings before the High Court. So the writ petition cannot be stayed on the ground that the criminal case has been filed. If overwhelming evidence of forgery is shown to the HC the appointment may be struck down as illegal.

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Criminal lawyers in India

Similar questions

I have a relationship with a guy for past 16 months. Physical relationship as well.…

The Magistrate Court has order the IO to re-investigate the case under Section 173(8) in…
when act 302 applies and on maximum how many people...if thereare8-10 people who beated a…
My yellow board car i have given on rent to some one who is taking…

Criminal Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Vara Prasada Rao Tangrda

 Experience: 17 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly