Passport in court's custody. Is conditional release of it possible?

I have been falsely charged with Sec 420, 406 & 120B of IPC and my Passport is in Court Custody because of which I am unable to join my work since 2012, being a marine officer.

The court had ordered for an early disposal last year in June but till date nothing has been done. On the other hand I had requested to release my Passport on conditional basis but even that is being unheard.

kindly advise.

You have two options available to you:

1. File an application in the competent court before the Concerned CMM for the release of your passport.

2. Secondly, file a writ petition before the High Court for the release of passport as it is a violation of your fundamental right to travel as recognized by the Supreme Court of India in various landmark judgements.

Advocate Gouri Shankar Hemekari