Oil mill creating heavy air pollution in a living area.

Hi all, I am a resident of chennai... A crude oil filtering oil mill is functioning near to our area. The oil mill is creating enormous air pollution and due to this local residents are badly affected. Oil mill is leaking the gas for 24 hrs a day hence the normal breathe is totally affected and I certainly believe that this will lead serious health issues. Please advise me how to proceed legally.

You should give a complaint to Tamil Nadu Pollution Control Borad.

If the said board fails to take action on the complaint then you can file a Writ Petition and seek compensation.