quesNeighbor harassing and using vulgar language. What action can i take?

I am a girl. I am working in a BPO due to which I have to return late at home. My neighbor has put up a common door in the stair which he locks by 11 pm.

When I come back and ask him to open the door but then he starts abusing loudly and starts asking vulgar questions. I tried calling the police but that was only a temporary solution.

My query is what can I do to stop him from making absurd remarks and removing the door as it hinders my entrance to my house at my will?

  • ans

    We would like to know that are you the owner of the house or the tenant?


    If you are the tenant then you can complain to the landlord with respect to the gate which causes hindrance to you right to the house.


    And if you are the owner then you can file a suit in the concerned court with respect that your easementary  right to your house is hindered.


    Also, we suggest that you should file a FIR with the nearest police station regarding the acts of your neighbor under various sections of the Indian Penal Code. 

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Criminal lawyers in India

Similar questions

In 1990 I settled down in Bangalore from Kolkata. In 1998 I called my parents…
I have been Charged with major sexual felony in USA(the case is over and i…

My next door shopkeeper wants me to set CCTV camera angle in a direction that…

A 324 case is filled against me by my bother-in law to counter and bargainning…

Criminal Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Nagesh B L

 Experience: 23 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly