Legal action to be taken when CBI has filed charge sheet under Sec 173

17-Jul-2023 (In Criminal Law)
CBI has filed Chargesheet under sec 173 cr pc (Final Report) naming 3 (all) accused under sec 120 B r/w 302 201 203 IPC. Court is with Special Judicial Magistrate Lucknow for CBI cases. The accused have yet to appear in court after chargesheet is filed , may appear on next date in Aug 2018. As a complainent I however have serious concerns after revewing Chargesheet as 'main' culprit is not chargesheeted under any act nor discharged (Actually hes being 'missed' out). What are remedies for us please mark best one to follow in such circumstances - File Protest petition in same court -Await Trial to start in session court by that time accused may have got anticpatory bail or may have got in jail. - Can ask CBI IO to file for further investigation on suspect being 'missed' out despite credible evidences against him within chargesheet documents. Please advice as we need to act fast either file protest petition on next date under 173 Provisions or go to High court.
Answers (1)

Answer #1
893 votes
go to High Court and file a 482 Cr.P.C. petition under which you can challenge the chargesheet this is the best option where you can challenge the contents of Chargesheet and get the relief you want add the name as well as quashing of Charge sheet is also possible

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."