×

Legal action against forging signature to sell someone's car

What if someone has forged signatures of someone and uses it to sell a car? What is the minimum punishment for the same?

This is considered as very serious offence. The court take it very seriously amd are not lenient about the same but its very difficult to prove the same as offence is always to be proved beyond reasonable doubt. The punishment can go upto seven years

A person, who forged the signature of another purpose for making false document is liable to be punish under section 465 and 467 IPC. The minimum punishment under section 465 is only fine and under section 467 it may be any term of imprisonment and also fine. If the document used as genuine, the same is punishable under section 471 IPC as in your case the same was used for selling car. The minimum punishment is as per section 465 IPC.

Advocate Parvez Ahamed
Magrath Road, Bangalore