Legal action against dowry harassment & threat by mother in law

me and my husband are staying seperately since two years due to his mother. his mother demands dowry and have also given me so many threats to leave her home . ii have ben through a lot mental trauma there i want to stay with my husband as we have a son also . he cant leave his mother and i am too afraid to stay with him. i have asked him to buy me a rented flat naerby and manage betwen both the houses but he is not agreeing for anything. what do i do to stay with him.

Answers (2)

You must not force your husband to leave his parents as it amounts to cruelty upon your husband by you.
It is important for me to understand that at present you are living with your husband and your in-laws or not.
For harassment you can file a complaint against your in-laws u/s 12 PWDV Act and can file a complaint in CAW Cell.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

You may approach the Court and seek relief by filing a petition on restitution of conjugal rights under the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955. Under this Act, if either the husband or the wife, without reasonable excuses, is not performing his/her marital obligations, the aggrieved party may approach the Court for restitution of conjugal rights.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Jai Shiv Darshan Giri
Santoshi Nagar, Ring Road Chowk, Raipur
14 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

 I have faced a critical situation when I was playing holi. some persons 3 or 4 whom I don't know well, abused and attacked on me because the…

Read More

We were shown wrong Land and facts were hidden from us regarding the Land, Forgery was done in showing us the other reciepts…

Read More

I am in relationship since 4yrs.. I am hindu and ma bf is converted christian.. We were in same college..he is cheating on me.. We were in physical re…

Read More

If any woman with help of matrimonial site try to do prostitution and black making, then what to do?…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue