Kept engagement picture with me. In laws filing false case against me

Hi, I’m engaged in dec 2014 and marriage was fixed on feb 2015.Due to some misunderstanding marriage was cancelled.but girls parents are not ready to give written about marriage cancellation.They are forcing us to wait for 2 years then only they will settle this issue.I tried for 8 months and I got fed up with them and kept my engagement pic,so that they will resolve this issue.They complained to police saying that it comes under IT harassment act.I kept decent engagement pic as my engagement is not cancelled legally they are showing verbal proofs and videos no written.Is it a legal case ?

Answers (1)

263 votes

It is not at all a legal case as you have not married that girl. If they are causing trouble then better you file a counter complaint before the Jurisdictional police station. Hope you have not taken any benefits in the name of marriage or engagement.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Pradeep Kumar
Rohini Court, Delhi
14 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles