Is it possible to settle criminal matter before the given court date?

An FIR has been lodged by a girl against my brother. He got bail yesterday. What should he do now? Should he present himself on the date given to him by the court or is there a way to get out of this before that?




Once the FIR has been registered then police has to investigate the complaint and on the basis of investigation the police shall decide to file a charge sheet or closure ( if no case is made out after investigation ). 


Your matter will come in Court once charge sheet is filed.


Kindly contact us for any further details and action.


Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Jai Shiv Darshan Giri
Santoshi Nagar, Ring Road Chowk, Raipur
14 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

Sir I got filed under ipc.323& 341 and it got settled before lokadalath..does they effect my govt service jobs in state and central services? THE …

Read More

My female neighbor (aged 40±), has been throwing her house garbage in front of my door, by crossing society's road at midnight. I made vide…

Read More

I filed a case on my husband n in laws under section 420,506,376,dpa 3&4,sc/st atrocity. Its been over 1 and a half month now n d police are still…

Read More

Hi i am Rekha. Myself, my mom, my brother, my uncle were falsely implicated in a case for the offenses U/s. 354, 504, 506 by one women and subsequentl…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue