Is it defamation if institute name is used by private individual?

Use of institute names by private individuals on facebook pages. Like "Xinstitute against Y" page. Does this come under the ambit of defamation?

Answer

We would require a little more details from your end and as to how such a page is effecting your reputation and whether such a page is scandalizing the reputation of a particular institute, before we can give any opinion on whether this would amount to defamation or not, or whether the same is merely a comparitive analysis.