In a physical realtionship with a guy. Can i take action against him?

I have a relationship with a guy for past 16 months. Physical relationship as well. Now he is not interested to marry me. Is there any legal action can i take against him?

Answers (2)

250 votes

Having physical relation and refusal to marry is punishable as the same tantamounts to Rape. You can take legal action against him. The Supreme Court has laid down strict laws that whoever has physical relation to a girl and refuses to marry will get a max punishment of 7 yrs imprisonment. So there are various instances by which you will succeed in punishing him. You can contact me if you want me to help you.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

246 votes

Prima face yes if it is stated that he stated that he shall marry you and induced you to be in a physical relationship. Then subsequent action of him refusing to marry shall attract penal provisions of indian penal code.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles