quesHow to safeguard myself from false criminal complaint of wife?

How can I safeguard myself against my wife who wants to file an FIR based on false allegations? We’ve been married for about 4 years. Just after 3 months of our marriage she took our fights to the Police. The case had to be sorted in the women’s cell where I had to give in writing that I will adhere to her conditions. I had to move out of my parent’s home as the problems kept rising between us.


The last 3 days we got into a serious fight wherein she informed the police who called me saying my wife wants to fie an FIR against me. She hurt herself and went to the police with a false complaint.


What should I do now?


  • ans


    Firstly, collect evidence of your innocence which involves recording your conversations with your wife. Just be polite and record all your conversations. This is essential as these recordings will help you prove the complaints she files against you as false and baseless. Try and record the threatening conversations wherein she is threatening you to file false complaints etc.


    Basically try and collect evidence that she is blackmailing you and physically as well as mentally torturing you.


    Secondly, you should intimate the nearest Police Station about the facts of your case in writing stating that your wife and her parents may file a false case against you and your family.


    You can even write a complaint to your nearest police station detailing about her blackmailing you, her false allegations and her unscrupulous behavior. And request in your complaint to make her stop the threats and abuses immediately.


    You can also move a petition for quashing of FIR if you have evidence to prove that the injuries are self inflicted and the allegations made in the FIR are false and concocted.


    Kindly contact us for any further details and action.


  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Criminal lawyers in India

Similar questions

After starting a relationship with a woman, found out that she is married and was…
I have posted a query few days back that my father has charged under ipc…
Hi my wife complaint to sp that I try to kidnep her and same day…
Respected , i have charged fir under ipc 353 , 332 in year 2012 in…

Criminal Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Nagesh B L

 Experience: 23 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly