How to safeguard myself and family from wife's false dowry allegation?

How can I safeguard myself from my wife’s false allegations on me? We got married in June 2013 and we started having ugly fights August onwards. After one such fight she left for her home. She even called the Delhi Police & her mama but did not file any formal complaints.


I went to apologize but her father became physically violent. I still persuaded her to come back home and she did. After a month she left home again. She filed a complaint to the Police and I was not able to get bail. I even went for a one day judicial custody.


Now I am afraid she will file a dowry case against me and my family.What can I do?




Firstly, to safeguard yourself, try to collect evidence to prove that the allegations being made against you are false. These may be in the form of recordings, sms etc. Any material that can prove that you did not demand dowry or did not subject her to domestic violence could be held as vital proof.


Thereafter, intimate the Police that you suspect that your wife shall initiate false cases against you and your family.


You can also file a complaint against your wife’s father for the offense of criminal intimidation and threat. If you do not want to live with your wife you can file a case for divorce on the ground of cruelty under Section 13(1)(ia) of the Hindu Marriage Act 1955.


Kindly contact us for any further details and action.


Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Jai Shiv Darshan Giri
Santoshi Nagar, Ring Road Chowk, Raipur
14 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience
Advocate Shikhar Khare
Jangpura Extension, Delhi
6 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

I am doing a business called QNET I.e. a direct sailing company , I involved one of my friend into it and started the business with 3lacs in which one…

Read More

From birth I did not know of any other relationship of my father. After his death, I swore in an affidavit claiming myself to be the legal heir in 200…

Read More

My flatmate accusing me of stealing his gold?…

Read More

If a criminal case filled on me is closed or final judgment is over stating that it is a fake case, Am I eligible to write the exam(UPSC/government jo…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue