quesHow to do out of court settlement? And quash FIR after that?

FIR was filed against my friend under section 406 of the Indian Penal Code, but the complainant recovered the property without informing the court and the Investigation officer as the investigation was pending.

Will it be treated as out court settlement?

Can my friend ask the court to cancel the FIR as the complainant has recovered the property?

  • ans

    Your friend should make a MOU(memorandum of understanding) with the complainant and it should be signed by both the parties.

    After signing it should be presented in the court.

    Alongside this, a petition for quashing of FIR should be filed in the Hon’ble High Court where in the presence of the complainant and accused is necessary.

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • IPC Section 406 - Punishment for criminal breach of trust
Consult best Criminal lawyers in India

Similar questions

I want to file a defamation case against a person who file false cases against…
I have filed a cheating case. FIR filed through court. It has been 5 months…

If I am being harrased mentally some times physically only by my inlaws in the…

Hi, my name is Bupesh live at karwan, hyderabad. On feb 2016 i got cheated…

Criminal Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Nagesh B L

 Experience: 23 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly