How can i stop my mother-in-law from humiliating me in public?

My mother in law humiliates me in front of her friends and other people of the colony making false allegations that she has life threat from me.

How can I stop her from doing that? Me and my husband are staying separately from his parents.


Since your mother in law has in presence of others made false insinuations about you legal notice can be issued to her to restrain from using such derogatory language against you.

You can call upon her to apologize and refrain from such acts in future.

If she continues file suit for damages against her.

In the alternative file complaint of criminal defamation against her.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Jai Shiv Darshan Giri
Santoshi Nagar, Ring Road Chowk, Raipur
14 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

My Wife Forced And Asked Me to leave home and after I left the home after a week she lodge a false complain of DV saying that I will kill her,my child…

Read More

Hi I lodged a complaint in 2014 against my friend regarding harrasing though it was not true as my parents forced me to do so. But no action was taken…

Read More

Hello sir,a person from our family had collected money from people saying he will give jobs in their desired stream by using our name,status and image…

Read More

Sir, Meri shadi 2013 me hui thi 2016 me meri patni ke ghar valo se mera paiso ko lekar vivad hua. jiske baad un logo ne mujhpar police se saath gath k…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue