How can i stop my mother-in-law from humiliating me in public?

My mother in law humiliates me in front of her friends and other people of the colony making false allegations that she has life threat from me.

How can I stop her from doing that? Me and my husband are staying separately from his parents.

Since your mother in law has in presence of others made false insinuations about you legal notice can be issued to her to restrain from using such derogatory language against you.

You can call upon her to apologize and refrain from such acts in future.

If she continues file suit for damages against her.

In the alternative file complaint of criminal defamation against her.

Advocate Gouri Shankar Hemekari