High court denied bail. When can we apply for bail in Supreme Court?

High court has retained the lower court order and dismissed bail petition under Sec 302 and awarded life imprisonment. Dying declaration of the victim was the only basis on which the sentence was awarded and bail dismissed by both the courts. The accused has already spent 7 years in jail and is 42 years old now.

Can we apply for bail in the Supreme court?

Answer

If your life imprisonment is confirmed by the High Court then you can file a SLP in the Supreme Court impugning the Order of the High Court and along with the petition you can file a Bail application as well.