Fraud took money from my account. Bank refusing to investigate.Remedy?

My bank has processed a self payee cheque worth Rs. 2 Lakhs without asking for a photo ID of the person who has encashed the cheque. I had not even signed at the back of the cheque.

Now the bank officials are refusing to investigate the case. What legal remedy do I have?

Answers (1)

304 votes

Expert Legal Advice:

The Bank is amenable to Consumer Disputes forum.  A petition can be filed before the consumer forum for deficiency of services.  But the onus lies on you to explain that how a cheque under your custody with your signature on the face of the cheque has gone to someone else while alleging the bank's negligence and infraction of standard procedure by its staff.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles