×

quesFraud took money from my account. Bank refusing to investigate.Remedy?

My bank has processed a self payee cheque worth Rs. 2 Lakhs without asking for a photo ID of the person who has encashed the cheque. I had not even signed at the back of the cheque.

Now the bank officials are refusing to investigate the case. What legal remedy do I have?

Expert Legal Advice:

The Bank is amenable to Consumer Disputes forum.  A petition can be filed before the consumer forum for deficiency of services.  But the onus lies on you to explain that how a cheque under your custody with your signature on the face of the cheque has gone to someone else while alleging the bank's negligence and infraction of standard procedure by its staff.