FIR not registered for recovery of streedhan.

I was married six months ago,and only after one month me and my husband met with an accident,and my husband died.i was beaten ,abused and thrown out of my matrimonial house. since than we have been trying to register a case against them but police is not ready to register a case against them.they are not even registering a case for the recovery of my streedhan and articles lying there.instead police says that we should forget the things and look ahead.

If a person has a grievance that his or her FIR has not been registered by Police, his or her first remedy is to approach the SSP u/s 154(3) Crpc or other police officer referred to in section 36 Crpc. If despite approaching the SSP or the officer, her grievances still persist, then he can approach a Magistrate u/s 156(3) Crpc. More over he has a further remedy of filing a criminal complaint u/s 200 Crpc and still remedy a Writ petition or a petition u/s 482 Crpc before High Court. You can file a case before Magistrate for return if Stri Dhan even a Civil Suit for a share in husbands property.