False allegations printed on newspaper with name & address details

Can someone print false allegations against me on newspaper with my name and address and professional details without any court hearing. If not, what should i do as i am getting defamed?

Answers (2)

257 votes

In this case You have two remedy i.e. Civil and Criminal. You can file complainant under section 500 Indian Panel Code for defamation against the news papers and can also file civil suit for the damages against the news papers.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

228 votes

No they cannot print false information against you. You can send them a notice for defamation and asking them to withdraw the said false information and tender an unconditional apology. If they do not do the same, you can proceed against them in criminal law.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Pradeep Kumar
Rohini Court, Delhi
14 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles