quesDowry and mental & physical torture

My husband harasses me (physical and mentally) and demands for dowry, my father already have fulfilled their demand of rs 15 lakhs, but still my husband tortures me, but sir I have no any proof of the given dowry and my husband also says "what ll u do to me without evidence". and he also recorded our conversation on phone in which i was too aggressive and he maintains silence and politeness while recording.

  • ansYou can file a case under Domestic Violence Act where you will get all reliefs including compensation for torturing and harassing, maintenance amount every month, right to residence and over all prohibition order against your husband for torturing etc. even he could be punished for the same. Please consult a local lawyer for details and or legal help, if you so desire.

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Criminal lawyers in India

Similar questions

If I were an IAS officer and, If I have a website or blog which…
A person arrested allegedly in an inebriated condition causing public nuisance.The Police arrested him and…
A case under section 498 A has been filed against me, my father in law,…
I am giving Surety / Bail on my Ration Card in the year 2003 to…

Criminal Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Vara Prasada Rao Tangrda

 Experience: 17 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly