×

quesDaughter killed in australia and husband committed suicide. What to do

My daughter was married in india, thereafter she moved with her husband. There as per my knowledge she was killed by her husband and her husband committed suicide later on. The family started asking for dowry 3 later of marriage. Now i want to hold in laws liable for the death of my daughter. What should i do?

Firstly, where do the in-laws stay? do they stay in Australia? in cases of these nature, its the offence of dowry death under section 304B IPC that is attracted. the ingredient of this offence is that wife died in mysterious circumstances and was being subjected to dowry demand right before the death, it would amount to dowry death.

If the facts are similar, you can file a complaint with the police stating the facts and evidences with reasons why you feel that her in laws are also liable. If they find merits in your complaint, FIR may be registered and investigated. You may also approach court for the same if police fails to act. Ultimately court will decide if your complaint has any merits and will act accordingly.

• ansfirstly, where do the in-laws stay? do they stay in Australia? in cases of these nature, its the offence of dowry death under section 304B IPC that is attracted. the ingredient of this offence is that wife died in mysterious circumstances and was being subjected to dowry demand right before the death, it would amount to dowry death. if the facts are similar, you could have made a complaint to the police.

Advocate Shikha Pandey

Greater Kailash-1, Delhi

• ansYou can file a complaint with the police stating the facts and evidences with reasons why you feel that her in laws are also liable. If they find merits in your complaint, FIR may b registered and investigated . You may also approach court for the same if police fails to act. Ultimately court will decide if your complaint has any merits and will act accordingly.

Harpal Singh

Satya Niketan, Delhi

• ansYour query is silent on the fact when did your daughter died?
    Did she die in India?
    Was there a police complaint?
    Please provide complete facts so that we can provide you exact legal solution