Company falsely started in my name. Falsely made director. What to do?

In 2002 my brother formed a LTD company and without my knowledge he named me as one of the director. He used my documents, my ID and got it signed by my father. He did business for 6-7 years and then disolved the company using my documents again and forged my signatures.

I want to file a case against him regarding the same. I want to ask you what all rights I have in this matter and under which sections I can file case against him.

He was the beneficiary in the company and my father had no role except he made him sign under my name.

Answers (1)

301 votes

You can file a criminal complaint regarding breach of trust, forgery, impersonation and cheating. The facts which you have given us are a clear and shut case against your brother who misled your father in signing those papers. 

Your brother, also by way of cheating and forged papers incorporated you as one of the Directors which is not only a penal offence but a serious offence under companies act as well .

You can give a written complaint in the Police Station and register an FIR against your brother under sections 409, 420 and 468 of IPC.

Kindly contact us for any further details and action.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles