College authorities putting false allegations to ruin my reputation

I am an employee of Delhi University. Someone lodged a complaint against me without talking to me – I don't know the person. On the basis of the complaint the college has set up an enquiry committee against me.

On the basis of that enquiry the case has been put up against the university commission. Now I have been going through a lot of harassment due to this.

What should I do? Can I file defamation also?


You can challenge the inquiry report and contest the case in the court against the you.

Once you are acquitted from the charges put up against you only then you can file a case of defamation.

We would advice you consult advocate for making alterations in your payer regarding the monetary compensation on certain grounds and for appropriate steps to be taken for fixing up your hampered reputation.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Jai Shiv Darshan Giri
Santoshi Nagar, Ring Road Chowk, Raipur
14 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience
Advocate Shikhar Khare
Jangpura Extension, Delhi
6 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

how can i safe me and my parents.till now no fir has done so if my parent disown me legally then they will be safe or not. Please suggest.…

Read More

Agar ladaki wale jhuta dahej pratha act lagale ki dhamaki de to kya karana chahiye…

Read More

Ham par ladaki wale jhuta dahej pratha ka kes lagana chahate hai jab ki ham kuchh nahi magate hai Kewal ladaka ladaki ki sex problem ki bajah se un do…

Read More

My wife raised false cases 506 IPC and 364 IPC which are false and enquiry done and it proves they are fake they also threat to kill a…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue