Continue to LawRato.com with Google


Clarification on section 497 IPC.

The petitioner (Husband) files a case against Wife (respondentA) and respondentB (i.e. the man accused to be the adulterer) . As proof Husband has public photos, (but not of close nature), and also proof that wife and the respondent-B traveled and checked into hotel together. Knowledge of this affair came to the Husband on 16-Oct-2017, however husband accepted the wife back and started living a regular married life. However, over the past years, the husband was mentally abusing to the wife. So, finally Wife decides to file for divorce in Jan-2018 on the basis of “cruelty”. Now husband threatens, that if she files for divorce, husband will file under 497 against both her and the man (respondentB). My questions A) Given the husband took back the wife in Oct-2017 and lived a regular married life for 3 months, would that be considered a “Condonation” by the husband under 497. B) If considered “Condonation” would the husband be able to charge the Man (respondentB) under 497

Answers (1)

Kindly come to our office for brief explanation. You can charge that person under various criminal sections. We always serve our clients the best possible remedy for their every legal problem any time.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Harish Malhotra
District Court, Gurgaon
21 years Experience
Advocate Prashant Mendiratta
Lajpat Nagar 4, Delhi
25 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
15 years Experience
Advocate Parvez Ahamed
Magrath Road, Bangalore
22 years Experience

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Similar questions

Sir I had given signed blank papers while borrowing money from a person.Now that person has typed on that paper and brought a symbolic possession for …

Read More

Hi My brother doing business as computer shop and he has 7 to day employee in his shop. before more than 1 year he got proposal to give our 2 flat and…

Read More

Hello Sirs, A murder was committed on 25-09-2015 in broad day light but unfortunately there is no eye witness that the murderer hacked the victim , Bu…

Read More

if a case registered U/s-448 IPC or 452 IPC, whether the victim be restored by police or otherwise…

Read More

Get free assistance for your legal issue