Clarification on section 497 IPC.

The petitioner (Husband) files a case against Wife (respondentA) and respondentB (i.e. the man accused to be the adulterer) . As proof Husband has public photos, (but not of close nature), and also proof that wife and the respondent-B traveled and checked into hotel together. Knowledge of this affair came to the Husband on 16-Oct-2017, however husband accepted the wife back and started living a regular married life. However, over the past years, the husband was mentally abusing to the wife. So, finally Wife decides to file for divorce in Jan-2018 on the basis of “cruelty”. Now husband threatens, that if she files for divorce, husband will file under 497 against both her and the man (respondentB). My questions A) Given the husband took back the wife in Oct-2017 and lived a regular married life for 3 months, would that be considered a “Condonation” by the husband under 497. B) If considered “Condonation” would the husband be able to charge the Man (respondentB) under 497

Kindly come to our office for brief explanation. You can charge that person under various criminal sections. We always serve our clients the best possible remedy for their every legal problem any time.

Advocate R.K. Gupta
Goyal Vihar, Indore
New Friends Colony, Delhi