Case for maintenance after divorce.

My ex-wife had filed a case against me for maintenance under CrPc 125. Pertaining to which the Family Court issued an ex-party judgement against me. It asked me to pay my ex-wife an amount of Rs. 3,000/- a month towards maintenance, which I have challenged in Patna High Court and awaiting a hearing.

In this case my ex-wife has falsely claimed me to be an engineer, whereas I am an Arts Graduate. Now, I would like to request you to please let me know whether I can file a case of Perjury against my ex-wife or not. Let me know what measures I can take in this case.

What is your income ? Why did you not contest the proceedings before family court? Were you served with summons ? Fight case on merits. If you have moved HC against impugned order draw attention of court to false averments made by your wife in case filed by your wife. You will have to explain why you did not appear before family court. Don't file for perjury now, concentrate on case in HC. If your wife is working and well qualified draw attention of court to the said fact.