×

quesCase filed in doubt

A case was filed against me under doubt and the victim is now ready to take the complaint back. Can the case by compounded which is filed under section 354A?

• ansSection 354A has rigorous imprisonment of up to five years, or with fine, or with both. There can be an imprisonment of upto a year, or with fine, or with both in other cases of physical contact and advances involving unwelcome and explicit sexual overtures; or a demand or request for sexual favours; or making sexually colored remarks; or forcibly showing pornography; or any other unwelcome physical, verbal or non-verbal conduct of sexual nature.