×

quescan police has the liberty to misuse it's power ?

Does the police have rights to beat any common man regdless of any kind of enquires/investigation ? Can you use foul language if the police uses or beat them if you get beaten up ? Some police officers threaten to book you in false cases ? is it possilbe ?

• ansNo, as per law police can not beat any body to extract information. Beating any body is itself a crime punishable under law but it will be difficult for you to submit evidence for such beating. Rarely police personnel have been convicted for their such illegal act.

And no, you can not take law in your hands. Moreover, there are punishments prescribed in IPC which will be awarded by the Court after hearing both the parties. You can not avenge a crime with the same crime. It is illegal but is very much possible and in regular practice in our country.