×

quesCan i join civil services if a criminal case is pending

If one has criminal charges pending in court then can he join civil services. What will happen if he cleared his exam?

• ansAn accused cannot be held guilty before the trial ends and he is proved guilty. In your case, though you would be required to disclose the facts of the case in an event of getting selected.

Unless the charges are quashed or stayed by a higher court it would be very difficult to make it through to the civil services. Your candidature can be rejected altogether by the govt due to the criminal charges leveled against you.