quesCan i get a copy of FIR filed against me? Police also misbehaving.

My sister had filed a 498 FIR against her husband and her in laws and they in turn have filed an FIR against her but when she went to the Police Station, the FIR copy was refused to be given to my sister who had been thrown out of her husband's home.


They are misbehaving with her as well. What can she do now?


  • ans


    Firstly, you can get the copy of the FIR from the internet on Delhi Police Website. The police is bound to share the FIR with you.


    Now, with respect to the further course of action, we suggest that you register a complaint in the Crime Against Women Cell as well and in case the Police does not take any action, then you can file a complaint under section 200 of the code of Criminal procedure to the magistrate of the competent court praying for the Court to take cognizance of the matter.


    Your sister can move an application under the Protection of Women against domestic violence act praying for interim relief to retrain your sister’s husband from misbehaving with her.


    Further, nobody can force his wife and throw her out of their matrimonial home. Every women has a right of residence under the Protection of Women from domestic Violence Act.


    As per this Act, the husband is under an obligation to provide for residential accommodation for the wife and therefore the same can be claimed by the wife. Therefore, your sister can file a petition against her husband for the same or she can even file a petition for restitution of conjugal rights under Section 9 of the Hindu Marriage Act.


    Your sister can also file a petition for maintenance under Section 125 of the Code of Criminal Procedure or under the protection of women from domestic violence act claiming maintenance from her husband.


    Kindly contact us for any further details and action.


  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Criminal lawyers in India

Similar questions

,society try to stigmatise me.in this situation are the police  make him understand that not to contact…

I have been falsely trapped in a theft case where after a remand of 3…
Sir/madam, I have case 341 and 324.. What should I do next. I got summons…
hi. i am accused here. My wife filed 498a based on a private application in…

Criminal Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Nagesh B L

 Experience: 23 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly