Can I file a counter FIR? A FIR is already registered against me.

In Criminal Law

An FIR has been registered against me as an accused whereas I have a different version. Can I register a complaint with my different version against the complaint as a counter FIR?

This is regarding forged documents for which I have genuine original copies.

Yes, you can register the FIR in your nearest Police Station and both the matters shall be investigated separately.

However, in the light of the Supreme Court Judgement, both the cases shall be adjudicated by the same judge as the matter is in the form of counter-cases arising out of the same cause of action.

Click here to find the best Criminal lawyer in your city.