Can I file a counter FIR? A FIR is already registered against me.

An FIR has been registered against me as an accused whereas I have a different version. Can I register a complaint with my different version against the complaint as a counter FIR?


This is regarding forged documents for which I have genuine original copies.




Yes, you can register the FIR in your nearest Police Station and both the matters shall be investigated separately.


However, in the light of the Supreme Court Judgement, both the cases shall be adjudicated by the same judge as the matter is in the form of counter-cases arising out of the same cause of action.


Click here to find the best Criminal lawyer in your city.


Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Jai Shiv Darshan Giri
Santoshi Nagar, Ring Road Chowk, Raipur
14 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

Dear sir, In my case police had filed chargesheet and didn't arrest anybody.there were six person in for but police dropped some name from fir.Now…

Read More

My cruel husband gave me poison in milk to kill me, but after feeling that in i did vomits and made me live.i have recording of my mother in laws that…

Read More

The accused person is Proclaimed and the police is not working properly to arrest him and he is going to abroad how can he be arrested…

Read More

One lady in my building committed suicide and put my name on suicide note. She bit my 10 year old son in June of this year and one man tried to stop h…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue