Can i file a case against my brother for forgery

17-Jun-2023 (In Criminal Law)
Sir My brother had done forgery on our father paatadhar changing his photo and signature too......the main thing is my father name is balaraju and also my brother name is balaraju...he had given bribes to revenue officer and he changed his passbook Can I file a criminal case on it...?
Answers (2)

Answer #1
610 votes
First u have to approach the civil court for proper adjudication of matter
Then also u can file criminal case against him along with u r father.
U r father should support to u then o.k or else you can't

Answer #2
635 votes

Approach the police and file a complaint of forgery against your brother. The police will take your complainant and will register an FIR under relevant sections of IPC and proceed with taking action against your brother. However, if the police do not register an FIR, approach the jurisdictional magistrate court and file a private complainant under Sections 420, 463, 468 of IPC. The court will either direct the police to register an FIR, complete the investigation and file the charge sheet or can itself take cognizance of the case and proceed with the case.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."