quesCan a person face action for giving fake matrimonial ad in newspaper?

I want to check if any action can be taken against a person who has published a fake matrimonial ad in a local newspaper for his daughter. I know the person and he has no daughter so the ad is fake where he has just mentioned his phone number. If yes, then what action can be taken?

  • ans

    Yes, you can take action against such person who is furnishing such false information.

    As per our understanding the person furnishing false information wants to cheat and deceive people.


    Now regarding your query,

    You can file a FIR at the nearest police station under section 420 of the Indian Penal Code (IPC).

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Criminal lawyers in India

Similar questions

Caught drinking in public place in Gurgaon. What punishment and fine in this case?
How can I file an FIR against a man who is sending me threatening messages…
Respected Sir, My sister-in-law (Hindu) file a case on her husband, mother-in-law, sister-in-law and husband…
I want to ask 506 ipc is a non cognizable offence..what is it?? My wife…

Criminal Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Nagesh B L

 Experience: 23 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly