Can a person face action for giving fake matrimonial ad in newspaper?

I want to check if any action can be taken against a person who has published a fake matrimonial ad in a local newspaper for his daughter. I know the person and he has no daughter so the ad is fake where he has just mentioned his phone number. If yes, then what action can be taken?

Answer

Yes, you can take action against such person who is furnishing such false information.

As per our understanding the person furnishing false information wants to cheat and deceive people.

Now regarding your query,

You can file a FIR at the nearest police station under section 420 of the Indian Penal Code (IPC).