Can a minor boy be held accountable for getting an adult girl pregnant

My situation was I met with a girl and I had chatted her for many times. After that we met and had physical relationship but that particular time I haven't brought my condom and she forgot to eat ipill. Due to this she tells me she is pregnant. I am only 17 and she is only 18 but she loves baby and doesn't agree with me to abort. Do I need to look after the baby if she gives birth? Can she file a rape case against me?

Answers (2)

273 votes

Hi both of your acts are punishable under the IPC. In case she files a case against you, then you shall be liable to take care of her and to be born child and all this care and expenses. As your minor, your parents shall be held responsible for the care and nourishment of the girl and the child (before birth and after)

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

300 votes

Hi...yes she can file a rape against you. But before that if it is possible you make settlement with her. If you have a doubt that she will file a case then you go for anticipatary bail before concerned court.
Thank you

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles