Can a criminal case of defamation be filed at the place of residence

. A person has filed false case against me age 60 year Senior citizen and wife age 57 year in guna district madhya pradesh. Will you please tell me whether I can file the case of civil or criminal defamation and of 182 ,195,. 211, 191 ipc against that person at my place of permanent resident i.e. panna district court being Senior citizen ? Looking forward for your kind consideration and need ful please Kailash modi Senior citizen 60 years.

Sir you have to file all civil and criminal case at the place where the cause of action aroused and in civil defamation case you can also file it at the place where the defendant resides. The fact that you are a senior citizen shall not affect the case.

In this regard provisions of Chapter XIII and particularly Sec. 178 of the Cr.P.C. are to be seen which provides for details abt. place of initiation of proceedings...If u r defamed in Panna then u can file case in Panna and if are defamed in Guna as well as Panna then too u can file case in Panna.