Can a criminal case of defamation be filed at the place of residence

. A person has filed false case against me age 60 year Senior citizen and wife age 57 year in guna district madhya pradesh. Will you please tell me whether I can file the case of civil or criminal defamation and of 182 ,195,. 211, 191 ipc against that person at my place of permanent resident i.e. panna district court being Senior citizen ? Looking forward for your kind consideration and need ful please Kailash modi Senior citizen 60 years.

Answers (2)

305 votes

Sir you have to file all civil and criminal case at the place where the cause of action aroused and in civil defamation case you can also file it at the place where the defendant resides. The fact that you are a senior citizen shall not affect the case.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

61 votes

In this regard provisions of Chapter XIII and particularly Sec. 178 of the Cr.P.C. are to be seen which provides for details abt. place of initiation of proceedings...If u r defamed in Panna then u can file case in Panna and if are defamed in Guna as well as Panna then too u can file case in Panna.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles