Can a case against govt. officer be filed w/o the necessary sanction?

A person wanted sanction to prosecute a Government officer and sough it from Govt. When it was refused, he filed complaint directly in the court. Principle of estoppel states one cannot deny what he has already admitted before.


The person in question had admitted before that the sanction was necessary. When he failed to get it, he changed his stand and filed complaint without sanction. Can the officer take shelter behind principle of estoppel so as to get complaint quashed?





First of all, we will request you to kindly provide the complete facts of the case.


1. What do you mean by:


"A person wanted sanction to prosecute government officer and sough it from govt"?


2. What do you mean by:


"Person had admitted before that sanction was necessary".


3. What was the representation and whether the position was altered in any manner?


'With respect to your query on Principle of estoppel , there following condition are essential:


a. Representation should be made, whether by spoken words, written words.


b. Relying upon the statement to be true, the other person has alter his position.


If above mentioned, condition are fulfilled the person making the representation will be estopped from denying the truth of it.


Therefore, we will first examine the representation and see whether the position of the person was altered.


Please provide complete facts, so that we can provide you the desired legal advice.


Kindly contact us for any further details and action.


Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Jai Shiv Darshan Giri
Santoshi Nagar, Ring Road Chowk, Raipur
14 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

Dear Sir , I would like to know one thing . If any false FIR/Criminal case has been initiated against the Law Student ,who is now studying B.A LL.B th…

Read More

Dear Sir My husband's friend gave money to my husband's another friend in the name of Govt. Job now the person who took the money ran away, an…

Read More

Sir I am running restaurant located on state Highway within municipal committee limits.some months ago Forest department has filed case against me tha…

Read More

Hello respected Sir/Madam My name is , I worked as an intern with an NGO, they never gave me any money not even an appointment letter or any certifica…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue