quesBrother in jail for a month. How long should we wait to apply for bail

My brother is in jail it's been a month now .section are 419,420,467,468,470,471,472,120b he was arrested from a bank where he went to withdraw money from ..when he was arrested he been found a bag with him ..in which he has been found 7 pan cards with different names and his photo on it .some driving licence and many debit cards .pls advice how can we apply for a bail ..how long we should wait for the bail

  • ans

    When a person was arrested and charged will be taken to the police station to book the case. The accused will be taken to the police station to the area where he or she residing. They will record all sorts of information of the accused like the name, residence address, birth place, charge filed against the accused etc.

    The police officer will check the criminal back ground of the accused, finger prints and files a case against the accused. For smaller crimes, the accused will be allowed to apply for bail immediately. But if the crime is a little bit complex, the accused may wait for 48 hours to claim his or her right in the court. In instant case you will have to file bail under Section 439 Crpc and  in the said bail hearing the judge may decide whether the accused may get bail or not basing on various factors. The amount the accused may have to deposit with the court will be at the discretion and decision of the judge.

    For certain smaller crime cases, a standard amount will be deposited for awarding the bail. But if the case is a complicated one the judge may decide the bail amount basing on the history back ground of the accused, accused criminal record or whether the accused may pose danger to others etc. Usually the bail may be awarded to person on certain Bail conditions. If the accused breaches any of those conditions the Bail will be cancelled immediately. If the accused is able to win the case the bail amount will be refunded back to the accused.

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Criminal lawyers in India

Similar questions

i have commercial building in that i used extra space above than approved in municipal…
Based on police investigation ordered by M.M. under S-156(3) case is regd against me under…
My uncle and his son always ready to fight with my father he always create…
My ex boyfriend harassed me for over a year, I finally filed an FIR against…

Criminal Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Nagesh B L

 Experience: 23 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Vara Prasada Rao Tangrda

 Experience: 17 years

View all >>