Brother harassed in rehab centre

My brother was beaten up in a de-addiction centre in Shimla. He was tortured mentally and physically, for a month when we got him back he was so disturbed that we had to admit it in a hospital under psychiatric guidance, after that when he got stable he told us about how he was treated there. He was beaten up several times, sometimes with footwear and was asked to mop the floor after removing his clothes in chilly winters night and the list goes on. It has been 4 months since we brought him back from that centre. Can we file a case against them?

Answers (1)

126 votes
You can definitely file a complaint under 200 CRPC in the court of Metropolitan Magistrate for taking proper action againts those officials.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles