Arrested for kidnapping after returning the child home. What to do now

One of my relative has been arrested and is in jail since saturday. He kidnapped an 11 years old child and asked for ransom, but after a while he returned the child to his house safely. Chargesheet has not been filed, i want to know what should be our next step? What can we do in such a situation?

Answer

Engage an advocate and apply for bail. If you get bail then wait for chargesheet that may take few months.After getting a copy of chargesheet try to build up a defence that can disprove the case of prosecution.