Arrested by police.

If someone give wrong compliant in police station, based on these police also came to know that compliant is fake & fabricated to take revenge on person, by knowing also inspector in charge of some other area was sanded two constables to house to bring the person to police station. The person was refused to come to police station stating that we had not done any wrong thing or crime, Then inspectors came to house and threaten to take severe action, and asked why you don’t come to police station, when I was called you. After that person gone to police station and case was compromised and inspector taken some bribe amount. In this case I want to know legally, whether we had to go to police station when ever police ask to come to police station for not doing any crime, what is the actual procedure.

Answers (1)

106 votes
Yes police officer has power to seek attendance before himself any person who appears to be acquainted with the facts and circumstances of the case, and such person shall attend as so required as per section 160(1) Crpc . In your case police had taken bribe for compromise of false complainant, you must report to SP about when and how much police had taken from you and inform Vigilance Department to take action against this errant Official.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles