Am i eligible for government after my case was settled in lok adalat

In Criminal Law
A criminal case was registered against me in 2015.The case was compromised in lok adalat. Now , 1. Am I eligible for govt jobs ? 2.if eligible is it necessary to mention those details in application

Answers (2)

194 votes

you are 100 % eligible for government job without any doubt in your mind you should concentrate on your subject and reach your goal. if you applied for any job you need not to mention regarding the compromise case details.
all the best

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

112 votes


As you said that the criminal case was compromised in Lok Adalat, I presume the case is closed now. You are eligible for govt jobs, however, it depends upon the concerned department which is going to recruit as some govt departments may not chose candidates with criminal background. You may need to refer to the guidelines and terms and conditions of the recruitment of that particular department. If you are been cleared by the department for selection, be honest and file an affidavit/declaration along with the application form mentioning the case details and the way the case was compromised and declare that there is no criminal case pending against you to avoid complications in future.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
35 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
22 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
28 years Experience
Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
26 years Experience

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles