After compromise i changed my statement in court. Any case against me

I had filed a complaint under sections - IPC 354, 386, 506 against a person who also has previous criminal record. He was in jail for 6 months and his bail denied by HC - twice, due to his criminal record (IPC 302, 307). I had given statements u/s 161 Crpc incriminating him. However due to continued herassment/threats/social pressure, a out-of court compromize was reached. So during trial (first statement in front of judge/crpc 164), I changed the language of statements which gave him benefit of doubt thus preventing his conviction. Now can trial court initiate criminal proceedings against me?

Answers (1)

252 votes

No, Trial court cannot take action against you.

However if you have settled the matter, then you should have not given statement under Section 164 CRPC.

We suggest that you should ask the other party to move an quashing petition and thereby quash the petition.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles